Arizona Consumer Protection
Arizona Attorney General’s Office Consumer Information and Complaints Address: 2005 N Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85004 Phone: 602-542-5763 (Phoenix office) or 520-628-6504 (Tucson office) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://www.azag.gov/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Mountain Standard Time)
State Level Agencies and Laws Protecting Consumers against Robocalls, Telemarketers, and Debt Collection Calls in Arizona:
- Arizona Consumer Fraud Act (A.R.S. § 44-1521 to § 44-1536): The Arizona Consumer Fraud Act prohibits deceptive trade practices, false advertising, and fraud. It empowers the Attorney General’s Office to take legal action against businesses involved in fraudulent or deceptive practices.
- Arizona Telemarketing No Call List (A.R.S. § 44-1271 to § 44-1274): The Arizona Telemarketing No Call List enables consumers to register their phone numbers to avoid receiving unsolicited telemarketing calls. Telemarketers are required to check the no-call list and refrain from calling registered numbers.
- Arizona Revised Statutes (A.R.S.): Various sections of the Arizona Revised Statutes provide consumer protections related to debt collection practices, fair credit reporting, and other aspects of consumer rights.
Additional State Level Agencies:
- Arizona Corporation Commission – Consumer Services Section: Address: 1200 W. Washington Street, Phoenix, AZ 85007 Phone: 602-542-5625 (Phoenix office) or 520-628-6345 (Tucson office) Email: email@example.com Website: https://www.azcc.gov/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Mountain Standard Time)
The Arizona Corporation Commission regulates and licenses telemarketers and debt collectors. Consumers can file complaints related to telemarketing and debt collection practices with the Consumer Services Section.
- Arizona Department of Financial Institutions: Address: 100 N 15th Ave, Suite 261, Phoenix, AZ 85007 Phone: 602-771-2800 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://dfi.az.gov/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Mountain Standard Time)
The Arizona Department of Financial Institutions oversees and enforces laws related to financial services and debt collection practices.
How to Make a Report:
To report robocall violations, telemarketing abuses, or deceptive practices in Arizona, you can file a consumer complaint with the Arizona Attorney General’s Office. You can reach them via phone at 602-542-5763 (Phoenix) or 520-628-6504 (Tucson) during business hours or submit a complaint online through their website at https://www.azag.gov/. Provide as much detailed information as possible, including the caller’s information, date and time of the call, and any relevant documentation.
For complaints related to telemarketing or debt collection practices, you can also contact the Arizona Corporation Commission’s Consumer Services Section at 602-542-5625 (Phoenix) or 520-628-6345 (Tucson) or submit a complaint online through their website at https://www.azcc.gov/.
If you have concerns related to financial institutions or debt collection, you can contact the Arizona Department of Financial Institutions at 602-771-2800 or submit a complaint via email to email@example.com.