Colorado Consumer Protection
Colorado Attorney General’s Office – Consumer Protection Section Address: Ralph L. Carr Colorado Judicial Center, 1300 Broadway, 10th Floor, Denver, CO 80203 Phone: 1-800-222-4444 (Consumer Complaints Hotline) Email: email@example.com Website: https://coag.gov/office-sections/consumer-protection/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Mountain Standard Time)
State Level Agencies and Laws Protecting Consumers against Robocalls, Telemarketers, and Debt Collection Calls in Colorado:
- Colorado No-Call List Act (CRS 6-1-901 to 6-1-904): The Colorado No-Call List Act allows residents to register their phone numbers on the state’s “No-Call List” to reduce unsolicited telemarketing calls. Telemarketers are prohibited from making calls to numbers on the list, with certain exceptions.
- Colorado Consumer Protection Act (CRS 6-1-101 to 6-1-115): The Colorado Consumer Protection Act prohibits deceptive trade practices and unfair business practices, including those related to telemarketing and debt collection. It empowers the Attorney General’s Office to take legal action against violators.
- Colorado Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (CRS 12-14-101 to 12-14-115): The Colorado Fair Debt Collection Practices Act regulates debt collection activities and prohibits abusive, deceptive, and unfair practices by debt collectors.
Additional State Level Agencies:
- Colorado Public Utilities Commission: Address: 1560 Broadway, Suite 250, Denver, CO 80202 Phone: 303-894-2000 (Consumer Affairs Division) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://www.colorado.gov/dora/puc Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Mountain Standard Time)
The Colorado Public Utilities Commission oversees public utilities, including telecommunications services. Consumers can contact the commission regarding telecommunications-related issues or complaints.
- Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA): Address: 1560 Broadway, Suite 110, Denver, CO 80202 Phone: 303-894-7855 (Consumer Protection Division) Email: email@example.com Website: https://www.colorado.gov/dora/consumer-protection Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Mountain Standard Time)
The Consumer Protection Division of the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies handles consumer complaints and provides resources to protect consumers from unfair and deceptive practices.
How to Make a Report:
To report robocall violations, telemarketing abuses, debt collection issues, or other consumer-related complaints in Colorado, you can file a consumer complaint with the Colorado Attorney General’s Office – Consumer Protection Section. Contact their Consumer Complaints Hotline at 1-800-222-4444 during business hours or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For complaints related to public utilities or telecommunications services, you can contact the Colorado Public Utilities Commission at 303-894-2000 or send an email to email@example.com.
To report consumer complaints against businesses or companies, contact the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) – Consumer Protection Division. You can call their Consumer Protection Division at 303-894-7855 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.