Delaware Consumer Protection
Delaware Department of Justice – Consumer Protection Unit Address: Carvel State Office Building, 820 N. French Street, 5th Floor, Wilmington, DE 19801 Phone: 1-800-220-5424 (Delaware Helpline) Email: email@example.com Website: https://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/fraud/cpu/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM (Eastern Standard Time)
State-Level Agencies and Laws Protecting Consumers against Robocalls, Telemarketers, and Debt Collection Calls in Delaware:
- Delaware “Do Not Call” List (6 Del. C. § 2403A): Delaware residents can register their phone numbers on the “Do Not Call” list to reduce telemarketing calls. Telemarketers are prohibited from calling numbers on the list.
- Delaware Consumer Fraud Act (6 Del. C. § 2511): The Delaware Consumer Fraud Act protects consumers from deceptive practices, false advertising, and unfair trade practices. It empowers the Consumer Protection Unit of the Delaware Department of Justice to take legal action against violators.
- Delaware Collection Practices Act (6 Del. C. § 2301A – 2319A): The Delaware Collection Practices Act regulates debt collection practices and prohibits abusive, harassing, and deceptive practices by debt collectors.
Additional State Level Agencies:
- Delaware Public Service Commission (PSC): Address: 861 Silver Lake Blvd., Cannon Building, Suite 100, Dover, DE 19904 Phone: 1-800-282-8574 (Delaware Helpline) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://depsc.delaware.gov/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM (Eastern Standard Time)
The Delaware Public Service Commission regulates public utilities and certain telecommunications services. Consumers can contact the PSC for issues or complaints related to telecommunications.
- Delaware Department of Technology and Information (DTI): Address: 801 Silver Lake Blvd., Dover, DE 19904 Phone: 1-800-282-8626 (Delaware Helpline) Email: email@example.com Website: https://dti.delaware.gov/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM (Eastern Standard Time)
The Delaware Department of Technology and Information provides information technology services. Consumers can report cybersecurity incidents or issues related to online privacy to DTI.
How to Make a Report:
To report robocall violations, telemarketing abuses, debt collection issues, or other consumer-related complaints in Delaware, you can file a consumer complaint with the Consumer Protection Unit of the Delaware Department of Justice. Contact their Delaware Helpline at 1-800-220-5424 during business hours or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For complaints related to public utilities or telecommunications services, you can contact the Delaware Public Service Commission at 1-800-282-8574 or send an email to email@example.com.
To report cybersecurity incidents or online privacy issues, you can contact the Delaware Department of Technology and Information at 1-800-282-8626 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.