Florida Consumer Protection
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) Address: PL-10, The Capitol, 400 S. Monroe Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399-0800 Phone: 1-800-HELP-FLA (1-800-435-7352) – Florida Helpline Email: consumer.services@FDACS.gov Website: https://www.fdacs.gov/Contact-Us/Consumer-Services Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Eastern Standard Time)
State Level Agencies and Laws Protecting Consumers against Robocalls, Telemarketers, and Debt Collection Calls in Florida:
- Florida Do Not Call List (Florida Statute 501.059): The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services maintains the Florida Do Not Call List, allowing consumers to opt-out of telemarketing calls. Telemarketers are prohibited from calling numbers on the list.
- Florida Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act (Florida Statute 501.201): This law protects consumers from deceptive, unfair, and fraudulent practices in trade and commerce. It empowers the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to take action against violators.
- Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act (Florida Statute 559.55 – 559.785): The Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act regulates debt collection practices and prohibits abusive, deceptive, and unfair debt collection methods.
Additional State Level Agencies:
- Florida Public Service Commission (PSC): Address: 2540 Shumard Oak Blvd., Tallahassee, FL 32399-0850 Phone: 1-800-342-3552 (Florida Helpline) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://www.psc.state.fl.us/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Eastern Standard Time)
The Florida Public Service Commission regulates public utilities, including telecommunications companies. Consumers can contact the PSC for issues or complaints related to telecommunications services.
- Florida Office of Financial Regulation (OFR): Address: 200 E. Gaines Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399-0379 Phone: 1-800-848-3792 (Consumer Helpline) Email: email@example.com Website: https://www.flofr.com/sitePages.cfm?ID=20 Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Eastern Standard Time)
The Florida Office of Financial Regulation oversees debt collection agencies and enforces laws related to debt collection practices. Consumers can contact the OFR for issues related to debt collection calls.
How to Make a Report:
To report robocall violations, telemarketing abuses, debt collection issues, or other consumer-related complaints in Florida, you can file a complaint with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. Contact their Florida Helpline at 1-800-HELP-FLA (1-800-435-7352) during business hours or send an email to consumer.services@FDACS.gov.
For complaints related to public utilities or telecommunications services, consumers can contact the Florida Public Service Commission at 1-800-342-3552 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To report issues related to debt collection practices, contact the Florida Office of Financial Regulation’s Consumer Helpline at 1-800-848-3792 or send an email to email@example.com.