Hawaii Consumer Protection
Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs (DCCA) Address: 335 Merchant St, Room 310, Honolulu, HI 96813 Phone: 808-586-2666 Email: email@example.com Website: https://cca.hawaii.gov/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 7:45 AM – 4:30 PM (Hawaii Standard Time)
State Level Agencies and Laws Protecting Consumers against Robocalls, Telemarketers, and Debt Collection Calls in Hawaii:
- Hawaii Revised Statutes, Chapter 481B: Chapter 481B of the Hawaii Revised Statutes provides regulations and protections against unfair or deceptive trade practices, including telemarketing abuses and consumer fraud.
- Hawaii Do Not Call List: The Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs maintains a Do Not Call List, which consumers can join to reduce unwanted telemarketing calls. To sign up, visit the DCCA website or call 808-587-4272.
- Hawaii Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (Hawaii Revised Statutes, Chapter 481F): The Hawaii Fair Debt Collection Practices Act regulates debt collection practices in the state and prohibits abusive or deceptive practices by debt collectors.
Additional State Level Agencies:
- Hawaii Public Utilities Commission (PUC): Address: 465 South King Street, Room 103, Honolulu, HI 96813 Phone: 808-586-2020 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://puc.hawaii.gov/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 7:45 AM – 4:30 PM (Hawaii Standard Time)
The Hawaii Public Utilities Commission is responsible for overseeing public utilities, including telecommunications companies. Consumers can contact the PUC for issues related to telecommunications services and file complaints against robocallers or telemarketing companies.
- Hawaii Office of Consumer Protection (OCP): Address: 235 South Beretania Street, Room 801, Honolulu, HI 96813 Phone: 808-586-2630 Email: email@example.com Website: https://cca.hawaii.gov/ocp/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 7:45 AM – 4:30 PM (Hawaii Standard Time)
The Office of Consumer Protection investigates and prosecutes consumer complaints related to deceptive practices, fraud, and unfair business practices in Hawaii. Consumers can contact the OCP to report robocall violations, telemarketing abuses, and other consumer-related issues.
How to Make a Report:
To report robocall violations, telemarketing abuses, debt collection issues, or other consumer-related complaints in Hawaii, you can file a complaint with the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs (DCCA). Contact their office at 808-586-2666 during business hours or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For issues related to public utilities or telecommunications services, consumers can contact the Hawaii Public Utilities Commission at 808-586-2020 or send an email to email@example.com.
To report deceptive practices or consumer fraud, contact the Office of Consumer Protection at 808-586-2630 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.