Illinois Consumer Protection
Illinois Attorney General’s Consumer Fraud Bureau Address: 500 S. 2nd Street, Springfield, IL 62701 Phone: 1-800-386-5438 (Consumer Fraud Hotline) Email: email@example.com Website: https://www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/consumers/index.html Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (Central Time)
State Level Agencies and Laws Protecting Consumers against Robocalls, Telemarketers, and Debt Collection Calls in Illinois:
- Illinois Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Business Practices Act (815 ILCS 505): The Illinois Consumer Fraud Act protects consumers from unfair, deceptive, and fraudulent practices, including robocalls and telemarketing scams.
- Illinois Automatic Telephone Dialers Act (815 ILCS 305): The Illinois Automatic Telephone Dialers Act restricts the use of automatic dialing systems and prerecorded messages for unsolicited calls without prior consent.
- Illinois No Call List: The Illinois No Call List allows residents to reduce unwanted telemarketing calls by adding their phone numbers to the list. To register, visit the Illinois Attorney General’s website or call 1-866-310-8398.
Additional State Level Agencies:
- Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC): Address: 527 E. Capitol Avenue, Springfield, IL 62701 Phone: 1-800-524-0795 (Consumer Services Division) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://www.icc.illinois.gov/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (Central Time)
The Illinois Commerce Commission regulates telecommunications companies and handles consumer complaints related to telecommunications services, including robocalls and telemarketing issues.
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) – Chicago & Northern Illinois: Address: 330 N. Wabash Ave., Suite 3120, Chicago, IL 60611 Phone: 1-312-832-0500 (Chicago office) Email: email@example.com Website: https://www.bbb.org/local-bbb/bbb-of-chicago-and-northern-illinois Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM (Central Time)
The Better Business Bureau provides resources and information to consumers, including reporting scams and fraudulent activities.
How to Make a Report:
To report robocall violations, telemarketing scams, debt collection abuses, or other consumer-related complaints in Illinois, contact the Illinois Attorney General’s Consumer Fraud Bureau at 1-800-386-5438 during business hours, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For issues related to telecommunications services or to file complaints against telemarketers, contact the Illinois Commerce Commission’s Consumer Services Division at 1-800-524-0795 or email email@example.com.
To report scams or fraudulent activities, consumers can contact the Better Business Bureau’s Chicago & Northern Illinois office at 1-312-832-0500 during business hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org.