Indiana Consumer Protection
Indiana Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division Address: 302 W. Washington Street, 5th Floor, Indianapolis, IN 46204 Phone: 1-800-382-5516 (Consumer Protection Hotline) Email: ConsumerComplaints@atg.in.gov Website: https://www.in.gov/attorneygeneral/2434.htm Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (Eastern Time)
State Level Agencies and Laws Protecting Consumers against Robocalls, Telemarketers, and Debt Collection Calls in Indiana:
- Indiana Do Not Call List: The Indiana Do Not Call List allows residents to reduce unwanted telemarketing calls by registering their phone numbers on the list. To register, visit the Indiana Attorney General’s website or call 1-888-834-9969.
- Indiana Telephone Solicitation Act (IC 24-5-14): The Indiana Telephone Solicitation Act regulates telemarketing calls and requires telemarketers to comply with specific rules and regulations.
- Indiana Uniform Consumer Credit Code (IC 24-4.5): The Indiana Uniform Consumer Credit Code provides regulations for debt collection practices in the state.
Additional State Level Agencies:
- Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC): Address: 101 W. Washington Street, Suite 1500E, Indianapolis, IN 46204 Phone: 1-800-851-4268 (Consumer Affairs Division) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://www.in.gov/iurc/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM (Eastern Time)
The Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission oversees telecommunications providers and handles consumer complaints related to telecommunications services.
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) – Indianapolis: Address: 8520 Allison Pointe Blvd., Suite 220, Indianapolis, IN 46250 Phone: 1-317-488-2222 Email: email@example.com Website: https://www.bbb.org/local-bbb/bbb-serving-central-indiana Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM (Eastern Time)
The Better Business Bureau provides resources and information to consumers, including reporting scams and fraudulent activities.
How to Make a Report:
To report robocall violations, telemarketing scams, debt collection abuses, or other consumer-related complaints in Indiana, contact the Indiana Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division at 1-800-382-5516 during business hours, or email ConsumerComplaints@atg.in.gov.
For issues related to telecommunications services or to file complaints against telemarketers, contact the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission’s Consumer Affairs Division at 1-800-851-4268 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To report scams or fraudulent activities, consumers can contact the Better Business Bureau’s Indianapolis office at 1-317-488-2222 during business hours or email email@example.com.