Iowa Consumer Protection
Iowa Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division Address: Hoover State Office Building, 1305 E. Walnut Street, Des Moines, IA 50319 Phone: 1-515-281-5926 (Consumer Protection Division) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://www.iowaattorneygeneral.gov/for-consumers Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM (Central Time)
State Level Agencies and Laws Protecting Consumers against Robocalls, Telemarketers, and Debt Collection Calls in Iowa:
- Iowa Do Not Call List: The Iowa Do Not Call List allows residents to reduce unwanted telemarketing calls by registering their phone numbers on the list. To register, visit the Iowa Attorney General’s website or call 1-888-777-4590.
- Iowa Telemarketing Registration Law (Iowa Code Chapter 476A): The Iowa Telemarketing Registration Law requires telemarketers to register with the state and comply with specific regulations, including honoring the Do Not Call List.
- Iowa Consumer Credit Code (Iowa Code Chapter 537): The Iowa Consumer Credit Code provides regulations for debt collection practices in the state.
Additional State Level Agencies:
- Iowa Utilities Board (IUB): Address: 1375 E. Court Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50319 Phone: 1-877-565-4450 (Consumer Affairs Division) Email: email@example.com Website: https://iub.iowa.gov/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM (Central Time)
The Iowa Utilities Board oversees telecommunications providers and handles consumer complaints related to telecommunications services.
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) – Des Moines: Address: 1120 Park Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50309 Phone: 1-515-243-8137 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://www.bbb.org/local-bbb/bbb-serving-greater-iowa Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Central Time)
The Better Business Bureau provides resources and information to consumers, including reporting scams and fraudulent activities.
How to Make a Report:
To report robocall violations, telemarketing scams, debt collection abuses, or other consumer-related complaints in Iowa, contact the Iowa Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division at 1-515-281-5926 during business hours, or email email@example.com.
For issues related to telecommunications services or to file complaints against telemarketers, contact the Iowa Utilities Board’s Consumer Affairs Division at 1-877-565-4450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To report scams or fraudulent activities, consumers can contact the Better Business Bureau’s Des Moines office at 1-515-243-8137 during business hours or email email@example.com.