Kansas Consumer Protection
Kansas Attorney General Consumer Protection Division Address: 120 SW 10th Avenue, 2nd Floor, Topeka, KS 66612 Phone: 1-800-432-2310 (Consumer Protection Division, within Kansas) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://ag.ks.gov/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Central Time)
State Level Agencies and Laws Protecting Consumers against Robocalls, Telemarketers, and Debt Collection Calls in Kansas:
- Kansas No-Call Act (K.S.A. 50-671 to 50-676): The Kansas No-Call Act allows residents to reduce unwanted telemarketing calls by registering their residential and mobile phone numbers on the state’s No-Call list. To register, visit the Kansas Attorney General’s website or call 1-888-382-1222.
- Kansas Consumer Protection Act (K.S.A. 50-623 to 50-637): The Kansas Consumer Protection Act prohibits deceptive and unconscionable acts and practices by businesses, including those related to robocalls and telemarketing.
- Kansas Debt Collection Act (K.S.A. 16a-5-101 to 16a-5-125): The Kansas Debt Collection Act regulates debt collection practices in the state and ensures fair treatment of consumers by debt collectors.
Additional State Level Agencies:
- Kansas Corporation Commission (KCC) – Office of Public Affairs and Consumer Protection: Address: 1500 SW Arrowhead Road, Topeka, KS 66604 Phone: 1-800-662-0027 (Consumer Protection Hotline) Email: email@example.com Website: https://kcc.ks.gov/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Central Time)
The Kansas Corporation Commission oversees telecommunications providers and handles consumer complaints related to telecommunications services.
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) – Kansas City: Address: 4000 E. 14th Street, Kansas City, MO 64127 Phone: 1-816-421-7800 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://www.bbb.org/local-bbb/bbb-serving-greater-kansas-city Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Central Time)
The Better Business Bureau provides resources and information to consumers, including reporting scams and fraudulent activities.
How to Make a Report:
To report robocall violations, telemarketing scams, debt collection abuses, or other consumer-related complaints in Kansas, contact the Kansas Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division at 1-800-432-2310 during business hours, or email email@example.com.
To register for the No-Call list or file complaints against telemarketers, contact the Kansas Attorney General’s office or call 1-888-382-1222.
To report issues related to telecommunications services or file complaints against telemarketers, contact the Kansas Corporation Commission’s Office of Public Affairs and Consumer Protection at 1-800-662-0027 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For reporting scams or fraudulent activities, consumers can contact the Better Business Bureau’s Kansas City office at 1-816-421-7800 during business hours or email email@example.com.