Ohio Consumer Protection
- Ohio Attorney General – Consumer Protection Section: Address: 30 E Broad St, 14th Floor, Columbus, OH 43215 Phone: 800-282-0515 (Toll-Free Helpline) or 614-466-4986 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (Eastern Time)
- Ohio Department of Commerce – Division of Financial Institutions: Address: 77 South High Street, 21st Floor, Columbus, OH 43215 Phone: 614-728-8400 Email: Webdfi-Inquiries@com.state.oh.us Website: https://www.com.ohio.gov/fiin/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Eastern Time)
State Level Agencies and Laws Protecting Consumers against Robocalls, Telemarketers, and Debt Collection Calls in Ohio:
- Ohio Telemarketing Sales Act (OTSA): The Ohio Telemarketing Sales Act (Ohio Revised Code Chapter 4719) regulates telemarketing activities and sets rules for telemarketers operating within the state.
- Ohio Consumer Sales Practices Act (CSPA): The Ohio Consumer Sales Practices Act (Ohio Revised Code Chapter 1345) protects consumers from unfair and deceptive business practices, including deceptive robocalls and telemarketing scams.
- Ohio Debt Collection Practices Act: The Ohio Debt Collection Practices Act (Ohio Revised Code Chapter 1319) establishes guidelines for debt collectors and prohibits abusive debt collection practices.
How to Make a Report:
If you want to file a complaint about robocalls, telemarketing scams, debt collection abuses, or other consumer-related issues in Ohio, you can contact:
- Ohio Attorney General – Consumer Protection Section: Call 800-282-0515 or 614-466-4986, or submit a complaint online through their website.
- Ohio Department of Commerce – Division of Financial Institutions: Call 614-728-8400, or visit their website to file a complaint online.
Additionally, you can report unwanted robocalls and telemarketing scams to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) by visiting https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ or calling 1-888-382-1222.