Oklahoma Consumer Protection
- Oklahoma Office of the Attorney General – Consumer Protection Unit: Address: 313 NE 21st Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73105 Phone: 405-521-3921 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://www.ok.gov/oag/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Central Time)
State Level Agencies and Laws Protecting Consumers against Robocalls, Telemarketers, and Debt Collection Calls in Oklahoma:
- Oklahoma Consumer Protection Act (OCPA): The Oklahoma Consumer Protection Act (Title 15, Chapter 20A of the Oklahoma Statutes) safeguards consumers from deceptive trade practices and fraudulent activities, including telemarketing scams and robocalls.
- Oklahoma Telephone Solicitation Act (OTSA): The Oklahoma Telephone Solicitation Act (Title 15, Chapter 20, Article 19A of the Oklahoma Statutes) regulates telephone solicitations and sets guidelines for telemarketing companies operating within the state.
- Oklahoma Debt Collection Licensing Act: The Oklahoma Debt Collection Licensing Act (Title 14A, Chapter 6, Article 3 of the Oklahoma Statutes) outlines the licensing requirements and conduct standards for debt collectors in the state.
How to Make a Report:
To report robocalls, telemarketing scams, debt collection abuses, or other consumer-related issues in Oklahoma, you can contact:
- Oklahoma Office of the Attorney General – Consumer Protection Unit: Call 405-521-3921 or email email@example.com to file a complaint or report an issue.
Additionally, you can report unwanted robocalls and telemarketing scams to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) by visiting https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ or calling 1-888-382-1222.