Oregon Consumer Protection
- Oregon Department of Justice – Consumer Protection Division: Address: 1162 Court Street NE, Salem, OR 97301-4096 Phone: 503-378-4320 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://www.doj.state.or.us/consumer-protection/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Pacific Time)
State Level Agencies and Laws Protecting Consumers against Robocalls, Telemarketers, and Debt Collection Calls in Oregon:
- Oregon Unlawful Trade Practices Act (UTPA): The Oregon Unlawful Trade Practices Act (ORS Chapter 646) prohibits deceptive and unfair trade practices, including deceptive telemarketing practices and robocalls.
- Oregon Do Not Call List: Oregon residents can add their phone numbers to the state’s Do Not Call List to reduce unwanted telemarketing calls. Telemarketers are required to check the list and refrain from calling registered numbers.
- Oregon Debt Collection Licensing Act: The Oregon Debt Collection Licensing Act (ORS Chapter 697) regulates debt collectors and sets guidelines for their licensing and conduct.
How to Make a Report:
To report robocalls, telemarketing scams, debt collection abuses, or other consumer-related issues in Oregon, you can contact:
- Oregon Department of Justice – Consumer Protection Division: Call 503-378-4320 or email email@example.com to file a complaint or report an issue.
Additionally, you can report unwanted robocalls and telemarketing scams to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) by visiting https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ or calling 1-888-382-1222.