Pennsylvania Consumer Protection
- Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General – Bureau of Consumer Protection: Address: 16th Floor, Strawberry Square, Harrisburg, PA 17120 Phone: 800-441-2555 (Helpline) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/protect-yourself/consumer-protection/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM (Eastern Time)
State Level Agencies and Laws Protecting Consumers against Robocalls, Telemarketers, and Debt Collection Calls in Pennsylvania:
- Pennsylvania Telemarketer Registration Act: The Pennsylvania Telemarketer Registration Act (73 P.S. § 2241 et seq.) requires telemarketers to register with the state and adhere to certain rules, including respecting the Do Not Call List.
- Pennsylvania Do Not Call List: Pennsylvania residents can add their phone numbers to the state’s Do Not Call List to reduce unwanted telemarketing calls. Telemarketers are required to check the list and avoid calling registered numbers.
- Pennsylvania Fair Credit Extension Uniformity Act: The Pennsylvania Fair Credit Extension Uniformity Act (73 P.S. § 2270.1 et seq.) governs debt collection practices in the state, protecting consumers from abusive debt collection practices.
How to Make a Report:
To report robocalls, telemarketing scams, debt collection issues, or other consumer-related concerns in Pennsylvania, you can contact:
- Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General – Bureau of Consumer Protection: Call 800-441-2555 or email email@example.com to file a complaint or seek assistance.
- Pennsylvania Do Not Call List Complaints: To report violations of the Do Not Call List, visit the Bureau of Consumer Protection website mentioned above.
Please note that you can also report unwanted robocalls and telemarketing scams to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) by visiting https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ or calling 1-888-382-1222.