South Carolina Consumer Protection
- South Carolina Department of Consumer Affairs: Address: Synergy Business Park, Kingstree Building, 110 Centerview Drive, Columbia, SC 29210 Phone: 803-734-4200 (Main Office) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://consumer.sc.gov Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (Eastern Time)
State Level Agencies and Laws Protecting Consumers against Robocalls, Telemarketers, and Debt Collection Calls in South Carolina:
- South Carolina Telemarketing Sales Calls Act: The South Carolina Telemarketing Sales Calls Act (S.C. Code Ann. § 37-20-110) governs telemarketing practices in the state and provides guidelines for telemarketers, including requirements for maintaining “Do Not Call” lists.
- South Carolina Consumer Protection Code: The South Carolina Consumer Protection Code (S.C. Code Ann. § 37-5-101 et seq.) includes provisions to protect consumers from deceptive trade practices and unfair methods of competition.
- South Carolina Consumer Protection and Identity Theft Protection Act: The South Carolina Consumer Protection and Identity Theft Protection Act (S.C. Code Ann. § 37-20-10 et seq.) addresses identity theft, security breaches, and consumer data protection.
How to Make a Report:
To report robocalls, telemarketing scams, debt collection issues, or other consumer-related concerns in South Carolina, you can contact:
- South Carolina Department of Consumer Affairs: Call 803-734-4200 or email email@example.com to file a complaint or seek assistance with consumer-related matters.
- South Carolina Office of the Attorney General – Consumer Protection Division: For certain consumer-related issues, you can contact the Attorney General’s Office at 803-737-3953 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- South Carolina Public Service Commission: The Public Service Commission handles complaints related to utility service providers and can be reached at 803-896-5100 or email@example.com.
For reporting unwanted robocalls and telemarketing scams at the national level, you can also contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ or call 1-888-382-1222.