South Dakota Consumer Protection
- South Dakota Consumer Protection Division: Address: Office of the Attorney General, 1302 E Hwy 14, Suite 1, Pierre, SD 57501-8501 Phone: 605-773-4400 (Consumer Protection Division) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://consumer.sd.gov Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Central Time)
State Level Agencies and Laws Protecting Consumers against Robocalls, Telemarketers, and Debt Collection Calls in South Dakota:
- South Dakota No-Call Registry: The South Dakota No-Call Registry (SDCL Chapter 37-30) allows residents to register their phone numbers to reduce unwanted telemarketing calls.
- South Dakota Consumer Protection Laws: Various consumer protection laws in South Dakota, such as the South Dakota Consumer Protection Act (SDCL Chapter 37-24) and the Deceptive Trade Practices Act (SDCL Chapter 37-24A), address deceptive trade practices and protect consumers from unfair business activities.
- South Dakota Debt Collection Laws: The South Dakota Codified Laws (SDCL Title 54) include regulations related to debt collection practices and consumer rights.
How to Make a Report:
To report robocalls, telemarketing scams, debt collection issues, or other consumer-related concerns in South Dakota, you can contact:
- South Dakota Consumer Protection Division: Call 605-773-4400 or email email@example.com to file a complaint or seek assistance with consumer-related matters.
- South Dakota Attorney General’s Office: If you have questions or need additional assistance, you can reach the Attorney General’s Office at 605-773-3215 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- South Dakota Public Utilities Commission: For complaints related to utility service providers, you can contact the Public Utilities Commission at 605-773-3201 or email@example.com.
For reporting unwanted robocalls and telemarketing scams at the national level, you can also contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ or call 1-888-382-1222.