Tennessee Consumer Protection
- Tennessee Division of Consumer Affairs: Address: Davy Crockett Tower, 500 James Robertson Pkwy, Nashville, TN 37243-0600 Phone: 615-741-4737 (Consumer Affairs Hotline) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://www.tn.gov/commerce/consumer-affairs.html Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM (Central Time)
- Tennessee Attorney General’s Office: Address: 425 5th Ave N, Nashville, TN 37243 Phone: 615-741-3491 (Consumer Protection Division) Website: https://www.tn.gov/attorneygeneral.html
State Level Agencies and Laws Protecting Consumers against Robocalls, Telemarketers, and Debt Collection Calls in Tennessee:
- Tennessee Do Not Call Program: Tennessee residents can register their phone numbers on the state’s Do Not Call Registry to reduce unwanted telemarketing calls. For more information and to register, visit https://www.tn.gov/commerce/consumer-affairs/do-not-call.html.
- Tennessee Consumer Protection Act: The Tennessee Consumer Protection Act (Tennessee Code Annotated Title 47, Chapter 18) safeguards consumers from deceptive trade practices, including those related to telemarketing and debt collection.
- Tennessee Debt Collection Laws: Tennessee Code Annotated Title 62, Chapter 20 governs debt collection practices in the state and outlines the rights of consumers.
How to Make a Report:
To report robocalls, telemarketing scams, debt collection issues, or other consumer-related concerns in Tennessee, you can contact:
- Tennessee Division of Consumer Affairs: Call 615-741-4737 or email email@example.com to file a complaint or seek assistance with consumer-related matters.
- Tennessee Attorney General’s Office: For consumer protection inquiries and concerns, you can reach the Consumer Protection Division at 615-741-3491.
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC): To report unwanted robocalls and telemarketing scams at the national level, contact the FTC at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ or call 1-888-382-1222.