Texas Consumer Protection
- Texas Office of the Attorney General – Consumer Protection Division: Address: PO Box 12548, Austin, TX 78711-2548 Phone: 800-621-0508 (Consumer Protection Hotline) Email: email@example.com Website: https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/consumer-protection Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Central Time)
- Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR): Address: PO Box 12157, Austin, TX 78711 Phone: 800-803-9202 (Consumer Helpline) Email: CS.Cosmetologists@tdlr.texas.gov (for cosmetology-related complaints) Website: https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM (Central Time)
State Level Agencies and Laws Protecting Consumers against Robocalls, Telemarketers, and Debt Collection Calls in Texas:
- Texas No-Call List: Texas residents can add their phone numbers to the Texas No-Call List to reduce unwanted telemarketing calls. To register and for more information, visit https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/cpd/no-call-list-registration.
- Texas Debt Collection Act: The Texas Debt Collection Act (Chapter 392, Finance Code) regulates debt collection practices in the state and ensures fair treatment of consumers.
- Texas Deceptive Trade Practices-Consumer Protection Act (DTPA): The DTPA (Chapter 17, Business & Commerce Code) safeguards consumers against deceptive trade practices, including those related to telemarketing and consumer transactions.
- Telephone Solicitation Statute: The Texas Business and Commerce Code (Chapter 37) contains regulations related to telephone solicitations, including restrictions on robocalls and telemarketing.
How to Make a Report:
To report robocalls, telemarketing scams, debt collection issues, or other consumer-related concerns in Texas, you can contact:
- Texas Office of the Attorney General – Consumer Protection Division: Call 800-621-0508 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to file a complaint or seek assistance with consumer-related matters.
- Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR): Contact the Consumer Helpline at 800-803-9202 or visit the TDLR website to file complaints related to regulated industries, such as cosmetology.
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC): To report unwanted robocalls and telemarketing scams at the national level, contact the FTC at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ or call 1-888-382-1222.