Utah Consumer Protection
- Utah Division of Consumer Protection: Address: 160 East 300 South, 2nd Floor, Salt Lake City, UT 84111 Phone: 801-530-6601 (Salt Lake City Metro Area) or 1-800-721-7233 (Outside Salt Lake City Metro Area) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://dcp.utah.gov/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Mountain Time)
State Level Agencies and Laws Protecting Consumers against Robocalls, Telemarketers, and Debt Collection Calls in Utah:
- Utah Telephone Fraud Prevention Act: The Utah Telephone Fraud Prevention Act (Title 13, Chapter 26a, Utah Code) prohibits fraudulent telephone solicitation practices, including unsolicited robocalls and deceptive telemarketing.
- Utah Consumer Sales Practices Act (CSPA): The CSPA (Title 13, Chapter 11, Utah Code) protects consumers from deceptive and unfair sales practices, including those related to telemarketing and consumer transactions.
- Utah No-Call List: The Utah Division of Consumer Protection manages the Utah No-Call List, allowing consumers to register their phone numbers to reduce telemarketing calls. To register and for more information, visit https://dcp.utah.gov/telemarketing/index.html.
How to Make a Report:
To report robocalls, telemarketing scams, debt collection issues, or other consumer-related concerns in Utah, you can contact:
- Utah Division of Consumer Protection: Call 801-530-6601 (Salt Lake City Metro Area) or 1-800-721-7233 (Outside Salt Lake City Metro Area) or email email@example.com to file a complaint or seek assistance with consumer-related matters.
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC): To report unwanted robocalls and telemarketing scams at the national level, contact the FTC at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ or call 1-888-382-1222.
Remember to keep records of the calls or interactions with telemarketers or debt collectors, as these can be essential pieces of evidence when filing complaints.