Vermont Consumer Protection
- Vermont Office of the Attorney General – Consumer Assistance Program: Address: 109 State Street, Montpelier, VT 05609 Phone: 802-656-3183 (Consumer Assistance Program Helpline) or 802-828-5507 (Main Office) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://ago.vermont.gov/cap/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM (Eastern Time)
- Vermont Public Utility Commission: Address: 112 State Street, Montpelier, VT 05620-2701 Phone: 802-828-2358 Email: email@example.com Website: https://publicservice.vermont.gov/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 7:45 AM – 4:30 PM (Eastern Time)
State Level Agencies and Laws Protecting Consumers against Robocalls, Telemarketers, and Debt Collection Calls in Vermont:
- Vermont Consumer Protection Act: The Vermont Consumer Protection Act (Title 9, Chapter 63, Vermont Statutes) safeguards consumers from unfair and deceptive acts and practices, including those related to telemarketing and debt collection.
- Vermont Telemarketing Sales Rule: Vermont’s Telemarketing Sales Rule (Vermont Code of Administrative Rules, Rule 109) regulates telemarketing practices in the state and provides additional consumer protections.
- Vermont Do Not Call Registry: Vermont residents can register their phone numbers on the National Do Not Call Registry to reduce unwanted telemarketing calls. To register and for more information, visit https://www.donotcall.gov/.
How to Make a Report:
To report robocalls, telemarketing scams, debt collection issues, or other consumer-related concerns in Vermont, you can contact:
- Vermont Office of the Attorney General – Consumer Assistance Program: Call 802-656-3183 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to file a complaint or seek assistance with consumer-related matters.
- Vermont Public Utility Commission: If you are experiencing issues with phone service providers or have concerns about telemarketing, email email@example.com or call 802-828-2358.
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC): To report unwanted robocalls and telemarketing scams at the national level, contact the FTC at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ or call 1-888-382-1222.