Washington Consumer Protection
- Washington State Office of the Attorney General – Consumer Protection Division: Address: 1125 Washington Street SE, PO Box 40100, Olympia, WA 98504-0100 Phone: 1-800-551-4636 (Consumer Protection Hotline) or 360-753-6200 (Main Office) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://www.atg.wa.gov/consumer-protection Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Pacific Time)
- Washington State Department of Financial Institutions: Address: 150 Israel Road SW, Tumwater, WA 98501 Phone: 1-877-746-4334 (Consumer Services Hotline) Email: email@example.com Website: https://www.dfi.wa.gov/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Pacific Time)
- Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission: Address: 1300 S. Evergreen Park Dr. SW, Olympia, WA 98504 Phone: 1-888-333-WUTC (9882) or 360-664-1160 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://www.utc.wa.gov/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Pacific Time)
State Level Agencies and Laws Protecting Consumers against Robocalls, Telemarketers, and Debt Collection Calls in Washington:
- Washington State Consumer Protection Act: The Washington Consumer Protection Act (Revised Code of Washington Chapter 19.86) prohibits unfair or deceptive practices and provides remedies for consumers affected by deceptive telemarketing practices and robocalls.
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA): The TCPA is a federal law that restricts telemarketing calls, auto-dialed calls, prerecorded calls, and text messages sent to consumers without their prior express consent.
- Washington State Telemarketing Sales Rule: Washington has its own telemarketing rule (Chapter 308-330 Washington Administrative Code) that applies additional restrictions on telemarketers operating within the state.
How to Make a Report:
To report robocalls, telemarketing scams, debt collection issues, or other consumer-related concerns in Washington, you can contact:
- Washington State Office of the Attorney General – Consumer Protection Division: Call 1-800-551-4636 or email email@example.com to file a complaint or seek assistance with consumer-related matters.
- Washington State Department of Financial Institutions: To report issues related to debt collectors, call 1-877-746-4334 or file a complaint online at https://www.dfi.wa.gov/file-complaint.
- Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission: To report violations related to telephone services or telemarketing, call 1-888-333-WUTC or file a complaint online at https://www.utc.wa.gov/fileacomplaint.