West Virginia Consumer Protection
- West Virginia Attorney General – Consumer Protection Division: Address: 1900 Kanawha Boulevard East, Charleston, WV 25305 Phone: 1-800-368-8808 (Consumer Protection Hotline) or 304-558-8986 (Main Office) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://www.wvago.gov/consumer-protection Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (Eastern Time)
- West Virginia Division of Financial Institutions: Address: 900 Pennsylvania Avenue, Suite 306, Charleston, WV 25302 Phone: 304-558-2294 (Consumer Services) Email: email@example.com Website: https://dfi.wv.gov/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Eastern Time)
- West Virginia Public Service Commission: Address: 201 Brooks Street, Charleston, WV 25301 Phone: 1-800-344-5113 (Consumer Affairs Division) or 304-340-0481 (Main Office) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://psc.wv.gov/ Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Eastern Time)
State Level Agencies and Laws Protecting Consumers against Robocalls, Telemarketers, and Debt Collection Calls in West Virginia:
- West Virginia Consumer Credit and Protection Act: The West Virginia Consumer Credit and Protection Act (West Virginia Code Chapter 46A) provides protection to consumers against unfair debt collection practices and deceptive trade practices.
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA): The TCPA is a federal law that restricts telemarketing calls, auto-dialed calls, prerecorded calls, and text messages sent to consumers without their prior express consent.
- West Virginia Telemarketing Act: West Virginia has its own telemarketing law (West Virginia Code Chapter 47-18) that governs telemarketing activities within the state and provides additional consumer protections.
How to Make a Report:
To report robocalls, telemarketing scams, debt collection issues, or other consumer-related concerns in West Virginia, you can contact:
- West Virginia Attorney General – Consumer Protection Division: Call 1-800-368-8808 or email email@example.com to file a complaint or seek assistance with consumer-related matters.
- West Virginia Division of Financial Institutions: To report issues related to debt collectors, call 304-558-2294 or file a complaint online at https://dfi.wv.gov/ConsumerAssistance/Pages/File-A-Complaint.aspx.
West Virginia Public Service Commission: To report violations related to telephone services or telemarketing, call 1-800-344-5113 or file a complaint online at https://psc.wv.gov/consumer/Pages/ConsumerAssistanceForm.aspx